[thelist] daft mySQL query (v 3.23.39)

Richard Davey rich at launchcode.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 08:44:36 CDT 2004

Hello John,

jjcu> It's a VARCHAR(20).

jjcu> I just had the bright idea that, if >= works, why not try SELECT * FROM
jjcu> `STOPWORDLIST` WHERE STOPWORDLIST_word <= "the" and STOPWORDLIST_word >=
jjcu> "the"; but that returns nothing too :-(

Try this:

SELECT DISTINCT(STOPWORDLIST_word) FROM stopwordlist

.. and check the output carefully - the problem with using phpMyAdmin is
that I believe the results are just output in HTML, and we all know
that extra spaces in HTML are ignored. So 'the   ' will appear as
'the', or even 'the%20' might appear as 'the'.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde