[thelist] Client Updates to SSI .inc file

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Wed Jul 28 21:28:03 CDT 2004

Sarah Sweeney wrote:

> You could even use a spreadsheet to build the <span> tags
> "automatically", using a function to concatenate the span tags with
> text which the client would enter. So if they were entering
> storeName in A1, storeAddress in B1, and storeTel in C1, you could
> put a function like this in D1:
> class=""storeAddress"">" & B1 & "</span><br>\n<span
> class=""storeTel"">" & C1 & "</span><br>"

Very clever, and I think the client does maintain their "store
database" in a spreadsheet.

Casey Crookston wrote:
>> I'm a tad suprised nobody has mentioned this...
>
> This is a classic database job.

I mentioned in my original post that I had raised this at the first
meeting but the client didn't want the extra up front cost of doing it
this way. Live and learn I suppose.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s