[thelist] date time query

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Jul 29 00:29:55 CDT 2004

Mark Groen wrote:

> I can't seem to get a query to work as expected:
>
> INSERT INTO bowenonline (id, datestamp, thread, parent, author,
> subject, email)
> SELECT id, CONCAT(postdate + time) AS datestamp, thread, parent,
> author, subject, email FROM forum;

You are not setting up the datestamp correctly

try this: (postdate + ' ' + time) AS datestamp

This is assuming that your postdate is in the correct format.

--
Anthony Baratta

"Be daring, be different, be impractical;
  be anything that will assert integrity of
  purpose and imaginative vision against the
  play-it-safers, the creatures of the
  common place, the slaves of the ordinary."
  -- Cecil Beaton