[thelist] Taking control of a client's computer

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Thu Jul 29 07:37:13 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Schaefer" <ken.schaefer at gmail.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: July 28, 2004 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Taking control of a client's computer

> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:47:20 -0500, Shawn K. Quinn
> <skquinn at xevious.kicks-ass.net> wrote:
> > On 2004 July 26, Monday 08:31, john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
> > > It occurred to me that it would be nice if there was a way I
could
> > > take over their machine for a short while to make the required
> > > changes myself rather than trying to remember what Outlook
looks
> > > like. I know that type of software's out there. Hopefully it'll
be an
> > > 'over the Internet' type of thing rather than using direct
dial.

> If you'd been following the thread you'd have seen that XP comes
with
> Remote Desktop. XP's been out for ~3 years now.

I use PC Anywhere myself for such things, but besides the XP Remote
desktop Windows Netmeeting is able to connect two machines as well to
share files and root around in the host/remote, available for any
Windows to 98 but Netmeeting is not exactly secure like PC Anywhere
iirc.

hth!

cheers,

       Mark