[thelist] 1 form, 2 destinations

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 09:29:47 CDT 2004

Rob,

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:32:30 -0500, Rob Smith <rob.smith at thermon.com> wrote:
> I would really like to open the Pay pal screen in a new window, so the
> customer can pay, as well as send the form data to a order submission
> process to email customer service there's a new order or what have you.

Two things:

First, paypal seems to have something that allows you to designate a
return page (see the demo):
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/singleitem-intro-outside

Secondly, I would personally have this information in an orders table
in a database prior to them going to Paypal. Then you'd just flip a
status field from PENDING to CONFIRMED or whatever once you accept the
paypal payment. You'll have to do this anyways.

Hope this helps,

--

Matt Warden
Berry Neuroscience Lab