[thelist] Changing color of scroll bar in iframes

Seth Thomas Rasmussen seth at sethrasmussen.com
Thu Jul 29 14:35:49 CDT 2004

<snip>
When the content of an iframe is too big for the frame, IE inserts a scroll
bar.  That's okay, but the default blue clashes with the colors in the site.
Can it be changed?
</snip>

That's how all browsers behave, FYI... that's sort of the whole point of an
<iframe>...

As for your question, I've never heard of a way. IE has those proprietary
scrollbar style properties which you could easily dig up on Google, but
those apply to the browser window. Maybe they affect <iframe> too? I don't
know. Worth a try.

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/