[thelist] Drop-shippers for E-Commerce

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 16:54:41 CDT 2004

on 02/08/2004 18:51 Joshua Olson wrote:

> A client of mine wants to start an online store using a drop-shipper.  I
> don't know anything about drop-shipping so I pulled up some info on Google.
> I can't tell what's garbage and what's not.  Any advice would be appreciated
> on where to go to get REAL drop-shipper information.

Drop shipping is a type of sales where the 'shop' holds no inventory and
has others (the drop shipper/s) to deal with the sales. It differs from
fulfillment  houses in those the shop tends to own the stock that the
fulfillment house sends on to the end customer. With both they tend to
take the money and pass you on your cut.

I guess you could think of cafe press as being a drop shipper.

Is the client known to you though? Some are using the term drop shipping
for sleazy interfaces to amazon/e-bay.

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty, Mega Products Ltd
12 Bury Place, London WC1A 2JL Fax: +44(0)871 224 7891