[thelist] MM Contribute viability?

Nancy Johnson njohnson at wheelock.edu
Tue Aug 3 07:58:51 CDT 2004

Dear List,

I have had trouble with Dreamweaver MMX Studio latest version, and
include files.  Has anyone else?  Nothing will show in Design Mode after
the placement of the include file. I have to use code mode only.  If
Dreamweaver has trouble, then Contribute will also have trouble.

I have also been trying to get my college to switch from FrontPage to
Contribute.  Contribute with its limitations seems far better to
separate content from form.  Most of the individuals updating content no
nothing about html, and I am constantly fixing the html that some
webpublisher unknowingly changed.

Trying to use CSS2 and web standards with FrontPage is a nightmare, and
no matter how much I tell the user not to use font feature in Frontpage,
they go ahead and use the font feature.  I think Contribute will be a
better tool for us, negating the entire idea of consistency of look and
feel.  They use unreadable fonts and fonts that may not be on every
computer.  So far they haven't ruined a div tag,  I'm just waiting
though.

One question I had is that my publishers also have the ability to create
their own .pdf files and publishing them.  Can they do that using
Contribute?

Nancy Johnson