[thelist] MM Contribute viability?

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Tue Aug 3 10:12:07 CDT 2004

> I have had trouble with Dreamweaver MMX Studio latest version, and
> include files.  Has anyone else?  Nothing will show in Design Mode
> after the placement of the include file. I have to use code mode
> only.  If Dreamweaver has trouble, then Contribute will also have
> trouble.

 There was a thread on Contribute and includes just yesterday. Re
includes, the answer seems to be to use Contribute's View | Browse to
the include file in question and open it that way. I haven't tried it
yet.

In DW, I know that you can't edit an include in design mode from
within the calling page but need to open it within code view. I've
never considered that a problem though. When I really want to edit an
included file in design view, I'll temporarily cut and paste the
tags, make my edits, then move the code back into the original include
file. Clunky yes, but not too much of a PITA.

Contribute won't let you create PDF's but will let you upload any
file. Uploaded files are automatically saved to a "documents" folder
within the directory the hml file in question resides.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
www.OnPointSolutions.com