[thelist] Embedding Remote Flash

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Thu Aug 5 08:04:26 CDT 2004

At 13:25 05/08/2004, Drew Shiel wrote:

>   And that works fine for me, too, leading me to wonder if there could be
> some peculiarity of the SWF file itself?

   And in chasing this up, I've discovered that the problem lies not in
content. Apparently, while you can embed a movie from anywhere, it can only
read in XML from the domain that the embedding code is hosted on.

   Although, slightly confusingly, I can read remote XML when testing the
movie in Flash. Is that different?

   Any ideas on how I can get around this one? Ideally, it'll all be self
contained, as the ticker I'm building is intended to be hosted on third
party sites.

   Drew.