[thelist] site check

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Fri Aug 6 05:20:27 CDT 2004

Hi Andrew

> If you have the time could you give this site a quick test drive and let
> me know what your views are, Browser and Design issues mainly? Any other
> issues you think worthy of discussion.
>
> www.milords.com

You've probably already noticed that table based layouts are not that
popular on this list :-)

And it looks like you've got some problems with your tables too: on line
71 you open the second <tr>, but the first is not closed.

Line 76, I'm not sure if it's worthwhile to fix NS 2 and 3 bugs :-)

In your navigation table the images take 646 px, and as you give 25% to
the empty cell, 100% should be then 861px.  You quickly notice that your
mesurements don't match... It might be a good idea to drop the
%-mesurements.

There might be other things to fix with the tables, I didn't dive too
deep in the nested tables now.

Product showcase -menu button looks the same when selected.
Location -menu button does not have a roll over.

I also agree with Tim on the contrast and text size. Especially the
clients page is very hard to read. as it is all graphic and I can't
increase the text size.

It might also be a good idea to specify white background color for the
BODY - in my windows system I've set default application backgroun color
to grey, so on MSIE the site looks a bit odd with white patches of color
on the graphics.

Your CSS could also be tidied up a bit. For example you have
FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
quite a few times there.
* { FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif }
would take care of all.
And instead of:
.border
{