[thelist] firefox toolbars (was: HTML validation for protected pages)

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Fri Aug 6 08:22:34 CDT 2004

 > you don't need the google toolbar when you can load in loads of search
 > engine services into the search box in Firefox (see below).

I like the extra features the Google toolbar offers, like the "up"
button and the "highlight" button.

 > wasn't there a post here only days ago with the code to copy into your
 > Firefox prefs file to make the toolbars of any theme narrower?

Not that I know of. I did a search of the archives and didn't come up
with anything. This would be very helpful. It would also be good to know
how I can change the order of the toolbars - if anyone knows.

 > A feature of a modern web browser is the ability to decide which search
 > engine to use for the search box rather than being restricted to a
 > single service. A feature of a truely modern web browser is the ability
 > to extend the list of available search engines. Firefox lets you do
 > this.

Personally, I think this kind of feature should be an extension, not a
core part of the browser. Also, I use Dave's Quick Search Deskbar
(www.dqsd.net) which gives me all kinds of options for search engines
and more.

--
Sarah Sweeney