[thelist] 3-column div hell....

Karl Jacobs Karl.W.Jacobs at aero.org
Thu Aug 5 19:35:45 CDT 2004

OK, I'm giving up for the night....   but....

I'm trying to do something that's easy with tables.  3 fixed-width
columns, within a fixed-width area.

Now, I want to style the columns with CSS, so.....

Can someone tell me why I should waste any more time trying to do it in
pure CSS (float, absolute, voice-family, Oh My!) when I can do it with
a simple table with 3 cells, and a simple div in each cell?...

If I wanted a dynamic full-width setup, I could copy one of the
template sites that has it, but I can't get this to work in a fixed
width area, and i just don't see the value anymore.....

The div columns at http://www.thenoodleincident.com/ sure look nice,
but try doing mods, and watch out!!!!

sigh.....

sigh....