[thelist] Can you reach my site (8/8 8:10 pm PST)?

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Sun Aug 8 22:23:09 CDT 2004

I'm a little stumped here:

I can see my testing server okay through its IP:

http://208.201.246.18

but can't see it or ping it through its domain name:

http://www.onpointsolutions.net

(I'm trying to access it from outside my LAN)

I would think I have a DNS problem (though all was fine yesterday and
I've made no DNS changes in quite a while) but I'm able to query
uptime.netcraft.com and dnsreport.com using the onpointsolutions.net
domain name and each service is able to connect to my server and
report on it.

I've checked my ipcop firewall and it seems in order. Mye system
events log isn't reporting anything. I can reach another domain, on a
different server without problem, leading me to think it's not the
firewall.

I'm wondering if my ISP's DNS cache is possibly in error (?). Could
someone please try to access onpointsolutions.net (http, ping) and see
if they can reach it. If not, I'd appreciate any suggestions of where
I might next look to troubleshoot.

OS: Win 2K Pro
Web server: Apache 1.3.29
DNS server: SimpleDNS