[thelist] XP Home & ASP

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 02:28:40 CDT 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 16:14:30 +0900, Christian Anderson
<lists at photokyo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way that I can get ASP working with an MS Access database on XP
> Home? I have heard that Home doesn't support this, but still thought I'd
> ask.

Windows XP Home does not include IIS. If you can get ASP working with
some other webserver, then you may be able to test your ASP pages.

Alternatively, if you are looking for ASP.NET support, then you can
use the Cassini webserver bundled with ASP.NET Web Matrix (or use the
webserver bundled with the Visual Web Developer Express 2005 beta)

Cheers
Ken