[thelist] Comments wanted on collapsable definition list

Brian Foley brianf at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Aug 10 13:54:54 CDT 2004

* Seth Thomas Rasmussen [seth at sethrasmussen.com] on [10-08-04] wrote:
> <snip>
> Can somebody with a mac / older netscapes take a look?
> </snip>
>
> Fails in Firefox 0.9.3, Opera 7.5, and Moz 1.8 alpha1
> (<dd>s are hidden, but clicking <dt> doesn't reveal but does change the
> +/- icon)

Thanks for that Seth.  I knew it worked in Moz 1.5, so I was quite
surprised that it failed in FF and Moz1.8.  Recent versions of Mozilla
seem to insert a "#text" node in the DOM tree for linebreaks between
<dd>'s, whereas Moz1.5 did not.  That was interfering with my ability
to walk the DOM tree -- a simple "if(nextSib.nodeType==1)" fixed my
problem -- and I probably should have been doing that all along....

Could you please re-check Opera for me?

Thanks,

Brian.