[thelist] Arguing with my ISP over DNS problem

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 23:30:48 CDT 2004

I agree this looks like an issue with your ISP's DNS server, from your
description.

However, when I do this in nslookup

> server ns1.sonic.net
Default Server:  ns1.sonic.net
Address:  208.201.224.11

> www.onpointsolutions.net
Server:  ns1.sonic.net
Address:  208.201.224.11

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    onpointsolutions.net
Address:  208.201.246.18
Aliases:  www.onpointsolutions.net

everything seems to check out OK

Cheers
Ken

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:03:04 -0700, Bob Haroche
<spambait at onpointsolutions.com> wrote:
> I'm having an issue with my development server which I host myself. In
> a nutshell, anyone who's not a customer of my local ISP (Sonic.net)
> can see my web site. Any customer who is a Sonic.net customer can not.
> Everything worked fine only 7-10 days ago, then this issue started. I
> think it's a Sonic DNS cache issue; they say it's not. Here are the
> details:

<snip>