[thelist] ASP.net code reusability

Mark Aldrich MAldrich at cex.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 09:14:48 CDT 2004

Hi there.

For the last couple of weeks I've been ploghing into ASP.net for the first
time. which is fine, its starting to seem like a very good way of doing
things (when money is no object :) ).

	Anyways im moving some simple web apps over from our original asp
code, and one thing that im finding tough is replacing blocks of
functionality we previously kept in a global location on the webserver for
example the page header called by <!--include >, of which i kept one copy
and only ever edited one copy.
	I rebuilt this into an ASP.net user control and it works perfectly
but what i really need to do is make this accessible as a component for
future web apps, i.e i dont want to copy and paste it for every new app, but
this isnt immiediately obvious, custom controls seems a bit beyond the needs
of this simple control, and registering things in the global assembly cache
is a nightmare, surely there is an easier way, any advice out there?

thanks everyone

markA