[thelist] MySQL and log files

Theodore Serbinski tserbinski at washsq.com
Wed Aug 11 11:22:23 CDT 2004

hi all! have another question regarding MySQL in use of our timesheet
application. one critical feature of our switch to online timesheets is
that we need a log file of all changes made to the database... when a
user puts in times, alters these times, when a timesheet is submitted, etc.

i thought i had to code in a table to keep track of this but then i
realized that since i'm using the INNODB type of MySQL that there should
already be a log file somewhere keeping track of this, in case we needed
to roll back after a transaction.

my question is this a good assumption? if so, do i need to enable the
INNODB log file or use the regulard MySQL one? where exactly is this
file? any help/suggestions are welcome (sorry i'm a still a newbie to
MySQL) thanks!

ted