[thelist] [OT] quarkXpress linked files

David Siedband technique at oceanicsky.com
Wed Aug 11 14:12:01 CDT 2004

I've got a quarkXpress document that I'm trying to print to PDF.  It
has a lot of linked bitmaps, that worked fine when the print version
was run.  Apparently some of them are subregions of multiple page
linked pdfs.  The links seem to find the documents, but insert the
wrong regions.  For example they select a region of the first page
instead of the page further into the document.

Here's an example of what's happening.
http://www.generation-xml.com/acroGrab.jpg

The printer I talked to seemed to think this was due to some global
import setting, that if changed would resolve all the links correctly.

I'm going to rent some time on one of their quarkX workstations to see
if I sort this out.  I'm hoping folks on the list might be able to give
me some suggestions of what to try, so I don't run up too much expense
just poking around.

much appreciated

--
David