[thelist] Forum/BBS software

Leigh.DSylva at cas.gov.on.ca Leigh.DSylva at cas.gov.on.ca
Wed Aug 11 15:12:17 CDT 2004

I have been asked to put some kind of forum/BBS on our intranet, but the
main point is that any postings made by the users are anonymous, i.e. no
login or registration of any kind.  The person who has asked for this used
"uportal" with a previous employer. I've had a look at the web site but our
intranet runs IIS with PHP/MySQL.  Uportal seems to require Java, etc from
which I want to keep away as I have no idea about it!  At least with
PHP/MySQL I have a fighting chance. I'm currently playing with phpBB 2.x
but not sure if this is the right tool.  Can anyone steer me in the right
direction?

Regards

Leigh D'Sylva