[thelist] Forum/BBS software

David Siedband technique at oceanicsky.com
Wed Aug 11 15:49:22 CDT 2004

I'd recommend phpBB.  I just set it up for my city council to provide a
public forum for discussion local issues.

The installation was straightforward, it was fairly easy to customize
(I have hardly any php experience) and the support forums on their site
were quite helpful for the few questions that I had.  My questions all
got answered in less that 24 hours using their forums.

I would definitely use it again for a similar project.
--
David Siedband

Oceanic Sky New Media
http://www.oceanicsky.com

On Aug 11, 2004, at 1:12 PM, Leigh.DSylva at cas.gov.on.ca wrote:

> I have been asked to put some kind of forum/BBS on our intranet, but
> the
> main point is that any postings made by the users are anonymous, i.e.
> no
> login or registration of any kind.

[...]