[thelist] Forum/BBS software

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Wed Aug 11 19:00:27 CDT 2004

David Siedband wrote:

> Can you tell us more about specific features that helped you to select
> this product?
>
> If I'm going to choose a proprietary product over an open source
> solution I need some specifics to convince me...
>

> On Aug 11, 2004, at 1:58 PM, Brian Cummiskey wrote:
>
>> Check out http://invisionpower.com
>>
>> way better than phpBB IMO

Totally Understandable...  allow me to elaborate

#1 reason:
When i switched from phpBB to invision, my bandwidth dropped about 30-40
GB each month there after while keeping similar traffic trends.

Invision uses latest technologies, like VALID XHTML 1.0, XML imports,
supports RSS/XML output feeds, and so much more.
phpbb is still on html 4.01, has a weak/confusing template system.

more so, the software of version 1.3 is FREE.
2.0 is not, but they do offer an unlimited "free trial" period.