[thelist] Value of Input with CSS

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 09:23:38 CDT 2004

I am aware that JS is capable of my request, but like I said, I need
something that would work if the user has JS turned off.  I was just curious
if there was a style that could be applied to the empty text field...some
sort of input style="whatever;" or

input {
    background: url(link-to-text-file);
    }

OR

input { background-image: url(fake-error-text.gif) }

I was thinking, if you can apply a background color to a input field, then
maybe something else (like a image or snippet of a text file?) could be
applied.

There's a lot to learn about CSS, and I'm on my way, but I don't know it
all...yet;)