[thelist] Which RDBMS?

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Fri Aug 13 10:02:05 CDT 2004

Hello,

I'd love to hear your views on different RDBMSs. Are the proprietary
ones (MS SQL Server, Oracle, ...) better than open source (MySQL,
Postgre, ...) or are they just more expensive?

My own favorite is MySQL, and from my experience I know that very well
suffices for small systems like simple CMS etc. But what if I do bigger
things, where the volume is gigabytes? Or systems requiring transaction
safe tables and receiving hundreds of queries per second?

gracias,
.k