[thelist] adding PHP and MySQL to RedHat

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sun Aug 15 22:28:33 CDT 2004

Joel,

> I'm running RedHat 7.1 and just discovered that PHP and MySQL weren't
> installed, though Apache was. Is it worth getting Fedora and doing the
> integrated install of PHP with Apache while I'm upgrading to the latest
> version of RecHat, or are the benefits minimal enough that I should
> stick with 7.3 and just add PHP and MySQL?

RH 7.3 is ancient, and has exploitable security issues. I'd strongly
recommend upgrading to something current.

OTOH, I'd always prefer to install something myself, either from a
binary or from source, over running an RPM and then spending time
with `find` figuring out where the sam hill it put everything :-)

YMMV!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.