[thelist] adding PHP and MySQL to RedHat

raditha dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Sun Aug 15 22:45:31 CDT 2004

Joel D Canfield wrote:

>>You can easily add them rather than reinstalling the whole OS
>>(you must
>>come from a Windows background ;).
>>

>I do, but that's not the point. I guess my question should have been,
>I'm running RedHat 7.1 and just discovered that PHP and MySQL weren't
>installed, though Apache was.

Mysql and php are both bundled with that ancient version of Red Hat if I
remember correctly. You can just install them off the cd using RPM.

Anyway you should definitely get a more recent version of RH. However
you probably do not want fedora which as a I understand does not include
mysql (they say it's not because of the license issues .....)

--
Raditha Dissanayake.