[thelist] wiki

Peter Van Dijck peter at poorbuthappy.com
Tue Aug 17 06:06:17 CDT 2004

> Has anybody had experience with a wiki using a rich-text editor? Or
> have you customized a wiki to make it easier for non-html-savvy people
> to use? As "easy" as the wiki formatting is, it can start to look
> confusing pretty quick.

My experience was that it's not the formatting that's hard, it's the
idea of adding content to a collaborative place where anyone can edit.
I've introduced a few wikis, and some of them worked, others didn't. It
depends mostly on the attitude/culture of the people who you want to use
it. It can be a lot of work to get them going.

Peter