[thelist] Re: Deploying Video with Flash

Rich Osborne R.M.Osborne at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Aug 17 09:44:30 CDT 2004

>> Alternatively you could post an URL with your flash file as .ZIP so that
>> people with fast internet connection and time and flash knowledge can
>> download it at will.

For anyone who may have been following this thread, this last reply inspired
me to finally try running the flash online as opposed to from the CD-ROM
(not that this is any use to me!). Interestingly enough, running such a
large flash file from a web server seems perfectly fine with any browser. It
seems that this bug is even more specific than I realised, as it only occurs
on IE/Opera, on PC, and when running directly from a CD. Talk about issues
that you don't expect to crop up ...

Rich Osborne.