[thelist] Reading an ASP cookie on another application server

Chris Hayes chris at londonweb.net
Tue Aug 17 10:34:07 CDT 2004

Hi

Can somebody point me right here?

I'm trying to read some cookies set an an ASP (not .NET)  server on a CF
server on the same domain.  When I read the cookies in CF I'm getting
gibberish back.  The ASP is of course reading them back fine.  Naturally I'm
suspecting character encoding

Some playing about with pagenecoding certainly changes the gibberish I'm
seeing, but it's still gibberish.
<cfprocessingdirective pageencoding="iso-8859-1"> or UTF-8. whatever

ASP (not .NET) apparently URL encodes it's cookies.  No problem, I URLDecode
them,  it's still gibberish.

This is all part of a seemless login process, which will work fine if I'm
using ASP.

It seems from my Google research that few people have encountered problems,
maybe nobody else is doing this stuff?!?

Any ideas?