[thelist] Passing variables between aspx pages

Richard Davey rich at launchcode.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 19:32:14 CDT 2004

Hello Jason,

Wednesday, August 18, 2004, 1:24:40 AM, you wrote:

JR> I have an aspx page that takes in a users credit card details, I then
JR> want to pass the user on to a confirmation page before processing the
JR> card. Using cookies, or query strings are out as i do not want to be
JR> passing credit card details back to the client even if it is over HTTPS.

Server.Transfer would be one way - another would be to not split this
action up over 2 pages anyway. Don't think of ASPX scripts as being
"pages", why not just create your confirmation page as part of the
same page they enter the details on - and when they submit, you hide
the first area and show the confirmation one? Then it's all held in
the same script / process. I'm not talking about using "display:
hidden" or anything like that, but rather using the power of ASP.NET
the way it's meant to be used.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde