[thelist] Passing variables between aspx pages

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Tue Aug 17 19:47:59 CDT 2004

	Two questions.

1)  Why don't you want to be passing credit card details back to the
client, even if it is over HTTPS?  Is this a business requirement, or
your own preference?

2)  You could use Session, which depends on cookies or a querystring
parameter, but all the session values are actually stored in memory on
the server.

	I don't think Server.Transfer is the way to go for you, since
you're looking for client interaction between the pages.
Server.Transfer, like Response.Redirect, happens after a page has been
requested, and sends you to the new page before the user can give any
sort of input (other than that, the two methods are quite different from
one another).

	In a nutshell, I think session is going to be your best option,
given the restrictions you've already mentioned.  Just make sure you
clear those variables once the transaction is complete (not because of
any inherent danger, but you'll probably feel better about it).

Cheers,

Peter