[thelist] CSS & PDA's - Now I am Confused...

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 00:01:44 CDT 2004

Hi,

Microsoft provides emulators for Pocket PC. I believe these were
licenced from Connectix, and are basically Pocket PC running inside a
virtual machine.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=site%3Amicrosoft.com+Pocket+PC+emulator

I believe that you can browse the web from within these emulators.

This is the mobility developer centre:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/default.aspx

WAP is completely separate to HTML+CSS. Devices like Pocket PC have
HTML renderers - they understand HTML documents. Other devices,
typically phones, do not understand HTML - they understand WML
documents (which is what WAP delivers).

Various application frameworks are attempting to make development for
multiple devices easier. For example, ASP.NET includes Mobile
controls, which will render different content depending on the UA
attempting to access the control.

Cheers
Ken