[thelist] Resources to learn flash

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 13:47:41 CDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:20:23 -0600, Rich Points <rich at richpoints.com> wrote:

> I've been studying Flash MX 2004 for about a week now.  I have no past experience with Flash at all.  I've found some free tutorials on the web but most of them are for Flash MX.  I've also searched through the Flash help.  It seems there are a lot of resources if I want to pay for classes or access to more detailed websites.  At this point I feel like I'm swimming through molasses and slowly sinking.
>
> What are some good (preferably free) resources for learning Flash MX 2004.
>
> My specific problem right now is adding a hyperlink to a Flash animation.  I've put together the animation but I can't add a button behavior to it.  If someone knows of a tutorial on how to do this please point me to it.

In terms of many forms of functionality, there is very little
difference between Flash MX and Flash MX 2004. The differences are
most evident when it comes to things like video, actionscript and
flash remoting.

Try Flashkit for lots of free tutorials.
http://www.flashkit.com/index.shtml

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com
"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd