[thelist] storing data clientside

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 09:22:03 CDT 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:52:41 +0300, Kasimir K <evolt at kasimir-k.fi> wrote:

> > I would choose a simple (and cross platform) solution - cookies.
>
> That would be good, but I have to be able to store 500kB or even more,
> maybe even 1MB.

Have you looked into Macromedia Central? This is a flash based method
of creating apps that allows for offline access to data. When the
computer is back online, the app simply reconnects and refreshed the
data.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com
"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd