[thelist] A Question Asked about powerpoint 97 answer needed

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 18:33:14 CDT 2004

I have no idea whether you can get this to work - attempting to
install Powerpoint97 onto a machine that already has Powerpoint 2000
on it seems a little crazy to me.

If you really want to get this working, then I suggest you first start
off with finding out whether this is a supported configuration. If
Microsoft does not support this type of configuration, I think you'll
have a difficult time getting it to work, especially since these are
such old products.

My suggestions:
a) Invest in a copy of a current copy of Office (Office 2003) or similar

b) If you don't want to do (a), then try the Microsoft Powerpoint
newsgroups, as there are some Powerpoint experts there.

Cheers
Ken