[thelist] Search Engine Optimization

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 10:40:53 CDT 2004

On 8/19/04 10:00 PM, "Webmaster" <webmaster at tribal-treble.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I was wondering wot everybody here's preferred method of search engine
> optimization would be or if anybody could help point me in the way of
> undergoing such a task

This question comes up all the time, and there really is no definite right
way, or sneaky method...well there are sneaky methods, but they can
potentially get you banned form search engines (or so I've heard).  You
pretty much need a good website, that others actually want to search for,
and you need good content.  If there was a easy way to just get top
positioning on Search Engines then every Google results page would be
cluttered with porn links, and the such.  You will find a archive of past
discussions on this very topic if you go here:

javascript:term=prompt('Search%20thelist%20Archives:');if(term!=null){locati
on='http://www.google.com/search?as_q='+term+'&as_sitesearch=lists.evolt.org
&safe=on&submit=Go';}

...and type Search Engine Optimization in the search field that appears.
You can search for anything that has been discussed on theList with the
above link.  BOOKMARK IT!

P.S. You must have JavaScript turned on to use the above link.