[thelist] RE: storing data clientside

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Fri Aug 20 12:09:56 CDT 2004

Tim,

	Actually, you can't really access ViewState from the client side
at all; it's solely a method of maintaining data across web requests.

	As much as I make my living off ASP.NET, I really dislike
ViewState, since the same thing could be accomplished in a number of
less-annoying ways.  ASP.NET 2.0 should provide some much better
state-maintenance methods.

	What about just using a client-side array that stays in a hidden
frame or something?

Cheers,

Peter