[thelist] Multiple Selects in asp / javascript.

Ormerod Mark mormerod at cornwall.gov.uk
Tue Aug 24 03:02:18 CDT 2004

Firstly - hi - I'm new on the list :)

Ok my problem is this - I have a series of several hundred records which I
need to display in a <select> list.
Each row is essentially a unique ID (which would be the <option value="">) a
concatenated field (which will be displayed as the select list item
<option>here</option> and a third value which is a ID linking the record to
the geographical location of which there are 8.

The particular spec requires a series of radio buttons above the select
field to filter the select list - so that it only shows records whose
geographical location ID matches the one checked by the radio box.

Any thoughts on the most sensible way of doing this as I'm a "n00b" to
javascript having used it mainly for form validation and window opening ?

Cheers,

Mark.

Important: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the
above-named only and may be confidential.  If they have come
to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must
you copy or show them to anyone;  please e-mail us immediately
at enquiries at cornwall.gov.uk

Security Warning: Although this e-mail and its attachments have
been screened and are believed to be free from any virus, it is
the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free.
The Authority will not accept liability for any damage caused by a virus.