[thelist] Client-Side Imagemap Maker

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Aug 24 12:15:12 CDT 2004

Hi list,

I'm looking for a tool to help a client generate image maps.  Fundamentally,
the tool only needs to allow them to draw/edit polygons over an image and
then submit the set of coordinates back to the server in some form or
fashion so that I can tie the coordinates set to a data item on the
back-end.  I've considered doing everything server-side (iow creating some
complicated back-and-forth process with the user to add points to a diagram
and dynamically render staged images on the server), using some sort of Java
applet, or perhaps using flash.  I haven't found any good tools for either
of the latter.

Any ideas/things that I should consider?

Thanks a million!

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.