[thelist] Security of Post vs Get

Richard Davey rich at launchcode.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 19:03:40 CDT 2004

Hello Ken,

Wednesday, August 25, 2004, 12:41:38 AM, you wrote:

KS> I disagree. Hershel mentioned that this is a "secure" site. Presumably
KS> this means that the site is secured using a server certificate and
KS> served over HTTPS

It depends on what actually needs to be secure in this instance. If
it's the transmission of the data from snooping, then yes POST will be
better. If it's the actual data itself, then it's totally irrelevant
if he uses GET or POST as all values will still be visible to the end
user anyway. The fact he was talking about loading results into a hidden
iframe suggests, to me at least, it's the data he is more worried
about in this instance, but it's open to interpretation I guess.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde