[thelist] Home Network Configuration help

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 20:26:53 CDT 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:53:28 -0400, Jeff Wilhelm
<thelist at summit7solutions.com> wrote:

> Disable DHCP on the Netgear and instead of plugging the WAN port into the
> Linksys and the LAN ports into your other devices, plug the ethernet cable
> that goes to the Linksys into one of the LAN ports and the other devices
> into the other LAN ports, essentially turning the router into a switch.

If you go this route, you may need to use a crossover cable to connect
the two routers together. Generally, whenever you connect two like
devices -- computer to computer, switch to switch, router to router --
you need to use a crossover cable instead of a normal network cable.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd