[thelist] open source fax suite?

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:44:49 CDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:31:52 -0400, brian cummiskey <brian at hondaswap.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> My office is currently running an ancient version of Faxfacts on a 300
> mhz NT 4.1 box.  It's a dog, and our ever increasing faxing from a
> mail-merge (word doc) is making the process twice as long.
>
> Basically, the software installs as a printer.  The word/fax doc is made
> and then is mail merged with XXXX records from the DB file.  Then, we
> merge to printer, and select the "Copia" driver, that is our fax box.
>
> We called, and our service contract went up last year, and they want
> about $1000 to simply upgrade us to a 2k box with more ram/cpu power.
>
> I offered to look for an open source solution.  With nothing looking
> like it does the same thing with a search on sourceforge or google, i've
> come here.
>
> Platform is not too picky, as we have both linux and windows servers
> here-  but the front end/driver must be a win 32 client.

A quick search at www.sourceforge.net resulted in this:

http://www.hylafax.org/

If you do a search at sourceforge for hylafax you will find several
graphical frontends for it as well.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd