[thelist] DVD Authoring

D. Bruce Saurer g1notami at zoominternet.net
Thu Aug 26 10:19:13 CDT 2004

John DeStefano said the following:
> "chris" <lists at semioticpixels.com> wrote:
>
>>final cut pro
>
> Cool.  Any recommendations for non-Mac users?  I've tried a few but not
> quite thrilled with any of them; would prefer an interface of some
> happy medium between the two extremes of "total DV newbie" and
> "professional uber-producer".

If you're on Windows, Sony's Vegas 5 or the
Vegas+DVD Production Suite is worth a look.
A fully functional/time limited trial can be had here:

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/download/step1.asp?catid=1

It's a different approach to editing than the standard but, that
may be to your advantage if you don't have a lot to "unlearn".

Lots of tutorials and help can be found.

http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/help/kb/kb_forums.asp
http://www.creativecow.net/forum/view_posts.php?forumid=24