[thelist] nice easy Unix distro installation?

Roger H. rogerharness at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 29 14:26:20 CDT 2004

Hello 'Volters,

I'd really like put together my own L.A.M.P. system mainly for
experimenting, and web testing.

I DO know a little unix and have taken some beginning PHP courses, but what
I DON'T know is the best way, (cheaply) to set up my own system.

I have been googling, but I was wondering if you folks have any suggestions
for a downloadable unix distro, for an old system I want to set up as my
pretend server. Something I can install MySQL, PHP, etc. Hopefully something
I could just burn on to a cd, and load to the dino computer.

Anyways...not a life of death thing here, and I can't really afford much
right now, i just want to play a little...feel some of the power.

As always, tia folks!

-Roger Harness