[thelist] VMware: Accessing localhost on host from client

Tim Burgan email at timburgan.com
Mon Aug 30 21:06:49 CDT 2004

Thanks Ken

Can I please get some clarification:

a} to get my IP address I type from the command line:
ipconfig
  This gives me three different IP's along the lines of:
  1. Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet8: 192.168.80.1
  2. Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet1: 192.168.202.1
  3. Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:   192.168.1.4

I've tried all of them in the VMware client and nothing happens..

b) I don't understand the way VMware networks, but I changed from NAT to
Bridged and then the Host-Only, and they didn't even connect to the
internet when I booted the client. (But I guess I need to change some
settings in the client - but I dunno what)

Thanks for your assistance so far, if you have time can you please clear
up some of these points.

Thanks again.

Tim

--