[thelist] html question dealing with divs, forms, and select/options..

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 31 21:13:52 CDT 2004

On Tuesday, August 31, 2004, at 01:38 PM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:
> i have a rather simple test page that i'm trying to set up. i'd like
> to have
> a section with scrollable text, followed by a drop down with a list of
> states, which in turn is followed by a list of graphic/gif images...
>
> i'm screwing something up/missing something as the list of .gif images
> is
> not being displayed. if i alter the size of the list, i can get the
> subset
> to be displayed... i'm inclined to believe that what i'm running into
> is
> based on my lack of understanding/familiarity with the div method...

Sounded to me like maybe the problem might be that you are using
absolute positioning? Specifiying a height on the div, but the content
exceeds the height? What happens if you do not use positioning, or do
not set the height of the divs, or remove the div tags and use the
normal document flow? What happens if you set the divs' CSS property
scroll:auto?