[thelist] Possible z-index problem

Dmitri Vassilenko troworld at rogers.com
Wed Sep 1 15:56:42 CDT 2004

[For some reason, I can't send this from my Gmail account. I'm resending. I'm
sorry if this turns out to be a duplicate.]

Hi, list.

Page in question: http://www.petroseikon.com/pe/

Please look at the navigation menu below the header (navigation menu
source can be found here: http://gosu.pl/dhtml/mygosumenu.html). In
Firefox and Opera, the drop-down menu appears above #content (the
wrapper around two main columns on the page), while in IE/Win, the
menu drops-down below #content, which makes it invisible. Setting
#content's z-index to -1 fixes the problem in IE, but makes the
content invisible in Firefox/Opera. Setting #content's z-index to any
positive number lower than the z-index of #nav (the menu's div)
doesn't change anything. Is this another one of IE's many
CSS-implementation bugs or did I code something wrong? ((probably the latter))

Is there a way to fix this without resorting to hacks?

Thanks for any help.

Dmitri