[thelist] google droped my http: page

Aaron Wormus aaron at wormus.com
Fri Sep 3 00:07:14 CDT 2004

Joshua Olson wrote:

> You did read the link I posted, right?  You just haven't been caught yet.
> :-)

I work with SEO, and have never heard of anyone being penalized for
having both http://mysite.com and http://www.mysite.com. If you can find
any examples of this specifically please let me know, as it would be a
substancial change in how google has worked.

The link you posted is VERY different. Instead of coming up with his own
content, he took something that had been bouncing around, or some
"search engine optimized" package and used that. Duplicating content is
a PROBLEM in which people generate thousands of worthless duplicated
pages which are optimized to get high SERPs in google and then put ads
on them in an attempt to make money. That is what they are cracking down
  on.

But again, I could be wrong, and if you have any specific examples where
someone has been penalized for having these specific subdomains I would
be interesting.

Aaron