[thelist] google droped my http: page

Rich Points rich at richpoints.com
Thu Sep 2 17:25:55 CDT 2004

Thanks for the replies but I don't think that's what happening.

<Aaron Wrote>
>You're not being penalized, it's just that people are linking to the
>'www' version of the URL, and google is awarding that site >pagerank.

This kind of makes sense but it doesn't explain why it was dropped in July
and returned in August as a 6 and dropped again in September.  I've been
maintaining a 6 on both http:// and htpp://www pages previous to July.

Most of the incoming links are pointing to http://www but there are also a
significant amount of http:// incoming links.  Given a choice I prefer
http:// over http://www.  All internal links on the site are http://

The thing is it's not two pages it's just one /index.html.  So Google
shouldn't be calling it duplicate content because its only one page.

I suspect this isn't much to worry about but I don't understand why it's
happening.

You can check out the pages here
http://reclaimdemocracy.org/
http://www.reclaimdemocracy.org/